HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Scripted Vanity Benches

Today I'm posting about two projects that I just finished.  They are both vanity benches and both started out as wood benches.  Well, one of them started out that way.  The first one you see here I think was actually one of those little French side tables that had the round glass in it.  There was no glass, no seat, just the wood frame.  To me it screamed vanity seat.  It got painted and chipped up, had a wood seat made and then I covered it with a scrap of drop cloth that I stenciled my French poem on.  Now it's a shabby little accent piece.
This next piece started out as a bench with a dark wood frame and some dated rose fabric.  I love rose fabric but just not that fabric.  I used the same drop cloth scrap and stenciled the script in white to match the painted frame.  I like them much better with their new update.
It's super easy to stencil on fabric with this French poem stencil from Royal Design Studio.  Just make sure you have a large enough flat surface to support the stencil as it is large.
Both these cute little benches are off to the Little French Flea Market this weekend in Tarzana, California so if you're in the area and you want to come out and sizzle with me, I would love to see you.  It should be a very warm triple digit weekend.
Thanks for stopping by.

I may be partying at...

Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy   
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday

Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

12 comments:

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

They both look fantastic. I'm sure you'll be very popular at the flea.

Unknown said...

They turned out gorgeous Maggie - LOVE !!!
XOXO

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

They both turned out great, Maggie!

Gail said...

They both look great Maggie! Good luck at the flea market this weekend...you'll do well!!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love them!! That stencil is so fabulous. I have done really well selling anything with the white stencils...Your idea of course.... You know these will sell! I don't know how you do it working and selling? Super women!

Carol

Botanic Bleu said...

Great French quote stencil on these two little benches!

Judith

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

So pretty Maggie! I had no idea that fabric was stenciled. Leave it to you to make a seat out of a side table! Nice job!

Anonymous said...

Great job with these items, Maggie, and glad to have found your blog. I'm living in France and have just started buying and selling vintage items (and my blog), so please drop by some time. Regards

Susie said...

Maggie, Two very cute benches. Great idea using a small table as a stool. You are very clever. xoxo,Susie

Cynthia said...

These are amazing Maggie. I have been using Royal Design stencils for years, aren't they great. They have a fantastic choice too!!

Cynthia

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I love that stencil! I'm saving up for it....I can see it is VERY useful! Good luck at the show! Triple digits? Ick....

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Maggie you always do so many fun projects with stencils. I love the round bench! Good luck selling!!