HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Homemade Snowglobes and Other Cute Things

Today I wanted to share some things my friend and fellow dealer brought into the shop for the holidays.  I think these little jar snow globes are so cute.  They would be a great project for kids to make.  Aren't they adorable?
This next photo is what I think started out as a styrofoam cone.  Tinsel garland was wrapped around it and this bottle brush star was added to the top.  In the background you can see Deb's chalkboard alphabet ornaments that she made and a wreath made from old crocheted pot holders.
I love these next ornaments.  Deb told me she didn't make these, but I bet they are homemade.  They are composed of a packing type string and glitter.  Very cute.  I love looking at other people's creativity, but I think my very favorites are the jar snow globes.  They are a big hit this year.
Thanks for stopping by.  I love all the creativity that abounds at this time of year, and I especially love things that children can make.  It gives them such a feeling of accomplishment.


I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs       The Graphics Fairy    
                                      Between Naps on the Porch Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life   
                                     Cozy Little House Tweak it Tuesday
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style
                                           
Thursdays        The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           My 1928 Charmer Sunday's Best


7 comments:

chateau chic said...

So many cute ideas for Christmas decorations!
Mary Alice

NanaDiana said...

I love those little glitter trees AND the snow globes. They are so very cute- xo Diana

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Really sweet ideas!!

Hugs,
Deb

Cynthia said...

I love the little glitter tree with the star, very cute.

Cynthia

Susie said...

Great Christmas craft ideas. I really like the globes.xo, Susie

Darlene said...

Cute globes. I like how you glued the tinsel strand around the bottom of the jar. I think I'll steal that idea. I made 2 last year. One with pastels and one with red and green. take care, Darlene

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Great ideas!! I am so blonde, I looked and looked and can't find the pot holder wreath. I was thinking.... I wonder if I could make a wreath with doilies!!

Carol