HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Friday, July 6, 2012

Signs of Summer

I feel like I'm loafing this week.  I haven't done any projects, but my house is nice and clean and I have family visiting from out of town.  Next week I'll get back to my normal routine.

In the meantime, I thought I would share some of these old looking signs.  I don't think any of them are terribly old, but they are fun summer signs and they certainly have that vintage feel, don't they?

This is my favorite.  I love ice cream!
This root beer sign is in a little better condition.  Still very summery with the baseball player.
 Okay, now I have to pick up some root beer at the store and some vanilla ice cream.  Root beer floats are such a treat.  Reminds me of being a kid again.
 This one might be the oldest.  You can barely make out the Hostess Twinkies logo because it is so faded.

Thanks for dropp'n in.  I'm linking to the following parties.

I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs        The Graphics Fairy     Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants        Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    Fishtail Cottage
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity   Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           It's Overflowing

12 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love old signs, they sure are hard to come by though! Unlike you I have a dirty house, but I got some projects done LOL! enjoy your company!

Carol

NanaDiana said...

Love your old signs. You don't see many around here at all. I haven't done a flipping thing since the 4th...except clean the kitchen. I need to get a LOT done tomorrow- xo Diana

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love your gorgeous signs! They are such a hot item that I've not been able to get my hands on any. You are one lucky lady! Thanks so much for sharing them with us.
Hugs,
Patti

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Oh, I just love me an old sign, and that ice cream sign has my name on it!

Bliss said...

Tender sponge fingers? Tasty. I'll have the RB float too please.

~Bliss~

Anne said...

Maggie,
I LOVE all of these signs.All that rust and patina......<3
(((Hugs)))
Anne

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

Those signs are fantastic - the ice cream one is my favorite!

Thanks so much for sharing them at the Knick of Time Tuesday Blog Hop! Drop in each day this week for lots of giveaways, including the one from Leslie Janson today!

Blessings,
Angie @ Knick of Time

Barbara Jean said...

oh that very first sign is sooo great. perfectly chippy and beautiful color!!!

blessings
barbara jean

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Great signs...LOVE the ice cream one :) Laurel

Anonymous said...

Love these signs-especially the ice cream one!

(Found you on the Blog Hop- new follower!)

ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

ICE CREAM SiGn...
2-Die-4...
Jeanine Burkhardt

Ethereal PLUS what I Love said...

Love your signs!
Francine