HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

French Boutique

I only took one picture of this and this is the finished product.  I'm sure you have all had one of those days where it was distraction after distraction.  I saw something in a magazine that I thought were these colors and I fell in love with it.  I do this frequently.  I love an all white color scheme and then I try to duplicate it and it gets all confused when I translate it into my world.  That's what happened with this sign.  The color is called sugar blossom and it's a Valspar paint, but I've had it for five years.  Don't know if they make it anymore.  It's like a shell pink.  I paired it with a taupy grey and it just lacks pizzaz.  Plus the writing doesn't show up very well at all.  With all the problems I had with my Jules Belin sign last week, I still loved the finished product, but this needs something more.  Maybe I'll try again with different. colors someday. 

 To top it off, my daughter came out to talk to me and noticed this beautiful butterfly floating in our pool.  What was I to do?  I fished it out with my stencil and as soon as he dried off sufficiently I put him in one of my plants.
 One of his gorgeous wings was torn and then I noticed his wing was actually ripped.  Oh no.  Did I mess with Mother Nature?  About five minutes later, he flapped his little wings and off he flew.  So off I went back to my project.  I lifted my painter's tape and a whole section of paint lifted because I left the tape on too long.  Oh well, it was never meant to be.  Some things are like that.

Just a reminder about the Hot Summer Fun link party hosted by Holly@Bella Nest, Bliss@Bliss Ranch, Lorraine@Miss Flibbertigibbet, Karen@Somewhat Quirky and myself.  The party will run every Friday through the month of July, and it will start July 6.  I think I told you before July 8.  My gosh, I would be late for my own party.  So anything summer related, and we would love for you to link up.
I'm partying at...


Mondays          Le Chateau des Fleurs        The Graphics Fairy     Metamorphosis Monday
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage    A Stroll Thru Life
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style         Ivy and Elephants        Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild      
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here 
                                     Between Naps on the Porch Tablescape Thursday    Fishtail Cottage
                                     Rustic Restorations Homespun Happenings
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity   Rooted in Thyme
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors

Sundays           It's Overflowing


4 comments:

Karen said...

I think your sign is very pretty. I know what it's like to tweak something a million times until you're satisfied. I didn't know butterflies liked to swim LOL. I'm glad she was okay and flew away. Thanks for visiting,please stop by often.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I like the sign, Maggie! I know about not "feeling" a completed project, but I'm sure you'll find a way to add what you are looking for. Some silver glitter in a few strategic spots might make it pop for you, rather than redoing the whole thing.

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Maggie,

I love the pretty French sign. Would a paint pen work to bring out the letters?

The butterfly is so pretty. I adore them.

Dee

Anne said...

Maggie,
Love those colors on your sign.Pretty stencil too.
((((Hugs)))
Anne