HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Paris Market 4

This is my final post on the Paris Market in Savannah, Georgia.  You can tell I spent a lot of time in this shop studying its every morsel.  Maybe because I myself am a dealer and I know how hard it is to collect this many items to create wonderful vignettes such as I found here.  I also recognize the talent of whoever took part in putting these displays together.  In every nook and cranny of this beautiful shop there was eye candy that one rarely comes across. 
I know you are all being patient with my current obsession with bird's nests.  I also love branches, twigs, and anything galvanized that belongs in a garden.
 This collection of watering cans was extensive.  They looked great amidst all the floral color.
 This table was set with white ironstone and linen.  Very pretty and natural.
 I must try weathering some of my new pots.  These all had great patina.  If they were reproductions, they were sure convincing.
 Do you see the green books in the background that are stacked?  I saw stacked books everywhere that were similar colors and sizes.  Really made a visual impact.
Still strolling through more books.  No Kindles here.
 No, not a Kindle in sight.  The next photo is one I really enjoyed.  Animal crackers and a circus banner.  There was something for everyone here.  I will study the photos and aspire to recreate the look in my own small way in my space at Aubergine Emporium.  I have sold almost two thirds of my space in the last two weeks.  Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!  It was a long cold winter in this economy but I am seeing signs of life once again.  This will give me a chance to reinvent myself, and I will try to bring you new photos of our spring look and my space as well.  Thanks so much for indulging me as I strolled through this entire shop.  I hope you enjoyed it too.
Pin It

I'm partying at...


Mondays          The House in the Roses       Debbie Doos         The Graphics Fairy
Tuesdays          Knick of Time       Tutus and Tea Parties       Coastal Charm  
                                      Boogie Board Cottage   
Wednesdays     Savvy Southern Style           Primp         Faded Charm Cottage            
                                     Fine Craft Guild     It's So Very Cheri Bloghop
Thursdays        Embracing Change     The Shabby Creek Cottage    No Minimalist Here
Fridays            French Country Cottage       My Romantic Home        Miss Mustard Seed
                                    At the Picket Fence     Potpourri Friday     Common Ground
                                    The Charm of Home    Decorating Insanity
Saturdays        Funky Junk Interiors



5 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Maggie- It looks great! I love the stacked books. I have done that for years and still love it. That last booth is just darling, too. I don't know how you didn't spend the whole day drooling! xo Diana

Unknown said...

So lovely, I would spend a lot of time there too. Thank you for sharing with us xo Please stop by and say hello at my Keepsakes By Katherine blog and I hope I will see you at Katherines Corner tomorrow for the hop :-)

miss flibbertigibbet said...

I just WANT TO DIE......I would be BROKE if I went there. My husband is SO glad that when we go to Paris in May that I can only take so much home in the suitcase!!! LOL!
Lorraine

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Thank you! I do the same thing, look and try to replicate The animal crackers are sooo cute!!

Carol

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Hi Maggie, I love virtual shopping trips--so much satisfaction for no $$! I am following you so I don't miss the next trip. Your little bird nests are so cute, especially the one you found in the bird house! I have a few that I've collected over time, too. Sometimes they are perfect, but sometimes they are built around the tree branches and have to stay in place! Linda