HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Reynolds & Reynolds Vintage Typography

Happy Thursday everyone.  This week I am sharing another stationery invoice from Reynolds & Reynolds from 1904.  I am so smitten with these great specimens of history.  This one does not contain beautiful handwriting but I find the old typewriter font to be charming in and of itself.  This is clearly from a more gentile era harkening back to the days before form letters.  The writer of this message is so polite and personal.  Who would bother to write a note like this for a 9 1/2 cent credit today?  I love it!

 Pin It



3 comments:

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful old invoice. It makes me wonder how much it was worth back then. I must have cost at least a penny or two to send it. xo Diana

miss flibbertigibbet said...

So pretty....Thanks so much for sharing it!
Lorraine

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I love this and I love the way they write, isn't it interesting how the English language has changed?!

Carol