HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

French Beds in Mattress Ticking

I love these beds.  I wish my photo had turned out a little better.  The beds are painted in charcoal black and shabbied back a fair amount with a good sanding.  They have been recovered in black and white mattress ticking.   Now they have a French country cottage feel.  Of course in the shop they are not set up with their side rails as we need to save floor space to accommodate many items.  Later this week, I will show you these beds in a black and white vignette that is absolutely stunning.
Furniture Feature Fridays


Pin It

3 comments:

Bliss said...

I used to have a real fondness for ticking. My cedar porch is still done in ticking but after looking at it that way for 20 years I'm ready for a change... at least I thought I was till I saw your bed frame.

~Bliss~

Jennifer said...

I love the black & white ticking!
Tres chic

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Maggie, these are beautiful.