HomeTutorialsHand PaintedTablescapes

Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Beautiful Mess (I think)

Finally we have begun transforming my space.  There is my husband working away patching and painting my Swiss cheesed walls after four years at Aubergine Emporium.  He thought he would just patch the holes and do touch up.  Yeah, right!!!  He has no idea how many things have come and gone from those walls over the years.  I loved the blue that he painted when the shop was brand new, but I am ready for a big change.  The new color is Churchill Hotel Vanilla made by Valspar.  It is part of Lowe's Historic Preservation colors.  I absolutely LOVE it!  It seems to look good with anything that it is next to.  That's a good sign.
But my oh my, I have a double-wide space and we have made a colossal mess.  I will be at the shop all day tomorrow finishing the painting.  I told hubby he could take a day and golf since he was so good today.
It's going to take me days to sort out the mess we have made.  I will be posting updates on the progress.  I used my new camera today to document the transformation.  It is a point and shoot since I am not ready for the big leagues of an SLR, but none the less I think the pics are pretty good.  I purchased a Sony Cyber Shot.  I think for a point and shoot it is pretty cool.

No comments: